Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The neatest gadget for your clothesline

I needed to re do the clothes line this year so I went to Lowe's to get some new line and while I was there I found this....
What is it you ask? Well its a clothesline tightener by a company called Blue Hawk, but I think its exclusive, and heres how it works. You pull the button out as you thread your clothes line into the tightener. There are ball bearings inside that tighten around the line when you let go of the button.
This is a picture of the back of the package but as I soon found out, the picture is wrong. If you install it with the button out like it shows, your line will pull out when you add tension to the line. 
The line goes through the button and I am holding the end in my right hand. I am holding the line that you hang the clothes on in my left hand. The metal loop is to hang it on the post like this next picture....

The best part of this system is when the line is not in use, you can pull the button out to release the tension and keep the line from stretching out, or when you need to hang something heavy like towels or jeans, just pull the end of the line and it tightens the line up. 
I really like this and so far it seems very strong and I got them for under $3.00 each. 

2 comments:

  1. I had a retractable line that I LOVED because you could adjust the tension and take it down when not in use. Cut down on weathering as long as I remembered to bring my clothes in before it rained. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was very happy to find these. It's amazing how excited one can get about a simple, some what old fashioned, bit of technology. Lol.

    ReplyDelete